Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've got the Paris blues!!!





Hi all,
I have returned from the beautiful city of Paris, and let me tell you, once you have been to this romantic city, it will never leave your soul!

This was my third trip to Paris and I still cannot get enough of it.
The amazing architecture, the jaw dropping art,
the lovely french accents, the gorgeous city scapes,
......
I could just go on and on, but hey why don't I just show you some photos?

The first thing my friend and I did was walk from our apt. to the Eiffel tower, she had never been to Paris before and so of course before we did anything I had to take her to this famous landmark. We opted for the experience of walking up all 686 steps!!! It was totally a challenge but we got a total sense of accomplishment when we finally got to the top of the stairs! Not to mention, great exercise! lol
You then have to take the elevator to get to the very top and at this point we were happy to get the ride up the rest of the way!
The 360 degree view is soooo beautiful at the top and the wind just whips you around like a rag doll! It is an experience that one never forgets!



This is the view of the building that we had from the window of our apt!
Isn't it beautiful?
Every morning I would throw back the curtain and just sigh with utter awe with the atmosphere and the history of Paris.


Well, that's just a little preview of my trip. I have many more photos and bits to tell you about but for now I must say au revoir. So, keep coming back to see more and later I will also be announcing my last Paris shabby chic winner. The winner will receive a little bit of Paris along with a collage, so keep your fingers crossed.
talk with you soon,
deborah

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb,

You're pictures are stunning and you couldn't have had a better view from your apt! Thanks for sharing a bit of your trip with us.

Tam

Kathy said...

Oh the photos are breathtaking. I am so happy your home safe and sound, and sounds that you have had a wonderful adventure. Thanks for sharing and I will be back to see some more.

Sherry said...

Deborah, you are home and you are still in love!! Your photographs are breathtaking -- I'm sure you showed your friend everything that was worth seeing and more!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Absolutely breathtaking! Thank you for sharing your photos! They are awesome! Look forward to seeing more!! WELCOME HOME!!

Bunny B said...

WOW! Gorgeous pics! Thanks so much for sharing!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wowwow! It looks so beautiful! I'm happy that you and your friend had a wonderful trip and are back all safe and sound. The pics are fantastic. I can't believe that you walked up all those stairs, lol!
Welcome back :o)
Smiles, Karen

Smashgirl said...

I totally agree, once you've been to Paris it becomes a place that your soul just can't get enough of. I've only been once, but I know I'll go back again...hopefully soon! Everywhere you look is just breathtaking...such beauty in everything! The Parisians are some of the nicest people I've ever met!

yippeevintage said...

*sigh* it truly is a breathtaking city, isn't it? I would love to go someday but for now I'll just enjoy your beautiful photos! What a pleasure to see some of the wonderful sights that you saw on your trip! Thanks again for sharing :)