Wednesday, May 28, 2008
This is a first for me so, bare with me as I try to figure it out! lol
I'm suppose to tell you out there in blog land 7 things about myself that noone knows and that I would be willing to let everyone now know! I think that's the gist of it. So here it goes....
1. I absolutely will never go camping again! I actually like the sitting around the campfire part and the roasting marshmellows part, but the sleeping in a tent on the hard cold ground is not my idea of fun, not to mention the no shower, pit toilets and no where to brush my teeth part!!!
2. I'm pretty much still scared of the dark.
3. I love it when the sound of the refrigerator stops and there is only the sound of total silence!!
4. I changed my name to shannon when I was about 13 years old. My mom said it was fine with her. So I did, and that lasted about a summer. (smart mom, didn't say no, just let me do it)
5. When I visited the grave of Vincent van Gogh in Arles, France, I cried.
6. I have an obsession with old chairs!! I rescue them off the street, in thrift shops, garage sales.
It is not pretty!
7. I had Donny Osmond posters all over my walls when I was a teenager!! Now that was difficult to admit! lol
Okay, there's 7 weird and random facts about me that I will surely deny if I meet you on the street!!
Now who will I tag? Let me see.....
http://hjcompton270.blogspot.com/, she organized the first swap I've ever done and I love her art work.
http://www.gemstatequilling.blogspot.com/, you should see her paper quilling, it is wonderful.
http://www.espritdart.blogspot.com/, this talented artist won my April Paris giveaway and you should see her beautiful creations!!!
http://misseskwitty.blogspot.com/, she leaves me the sweetest comments on my blog, and hope she still will after this tag!!!
http://www.dandelionwishes-mimi.blogspot.com/, I love mimis blog, it is sooo sweet to read and brings a smile to my face
http://etsycottagestyle.ning.com/profile/RhondaMum, we are Paris friends forever, and have a bond with the Eiffel tower
http://www.craftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/, and last and without a doubt not least, is the ever amazing CottageStyleStreetTeam leader Sadielou, I wouldn't be here doing any of this without her
Okay, that's my list of 7. I don't know if I did it the way I should of, but I'm still kinda new at all of this so I did my best!
If you are tagged by me then you need to add this to your blog and do the same as I did.
If you have been tagged, here is what is requested:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Here's a little sneak peek of my Paris shabbychic May giveaway!
If you left a post in my previous giveaway, telling me where you would like to travel to someday, then you do not need to sign up again. But if this is your first time hearing about this giveaway, just leave me a comment telling me where in this grand world of ours, would you like to take a trip to and I will put your name into the May drawing.
I will announce Mays winner on June 1st!
Monday, May 19, 2008
I was on someones blog the other day and they were showing an old chair of theirs and they were commenting about how it didn't fit into the decor of their art room. And so I thought I'd take a few photos of my chair and love seat that I felt the same about until I recovered them and made them "new" again.
When I originally purchased the set they were uphostered in a sage green with a cream and sage green striped piping around the edges. They were perfect for my color scheme at that time in my life, but as the years went by I was wanting a different look, still in the same colors somewhat but fresher. My thought at that moment was to sell them and just get a new chair and love seat, but I really couldn't afford that so..... Why not recover them myself? I've sewn chair cushion covers before and that would be easy but what about the rest of the areas? It then dawned on me that I had seen a magazine article of a woman who decorated her whole house by using her trusty ole glue gun and added beading to her curtains and mantels, and more! and I thought "hey, why not use the glue gun to attach new fabric to the chair and love seat!!! and let me tell you, it worked fantastic, it was easy, fun and I think, turned out wonderful.
I love it when I can take something that seems used up or worn and repurpose it and make it useable and lovely again. And I know, I must be making a true upholsterers hair stand up on end at this moment but this technique worked for me and gave me a new comfy chair and loveseat! All it took was an afternoon, a few yards of wonderful fabric, a glue gun, and a little bit of courage.(yeah, it's kind of scary to glue onto a couch, even if it is old!)
Plus it's a wonderful conversation piece, when friends find out how it was upholstered. They are amazed by what a person can do with a glue gun! and so am I! Happy gluing!!
talk to you soon,