Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring is coming!!






Hello to you all,
Just thought I'd write up a current post here, and tell you all that I am feeling the spring fever that I've been hearing a rumor about. I know it's coming because when I was out shopping the other day I couldn't resist getting a few of the beautiful potted flowers that were out on the stores patio. These are two of my most fav flowers and they only are around pretty much in the cool weather, ranoculus and stock! When that wonderful aroma of the stock floats by on the breeze it is just heaven.
Oops, I don't have a photo of the stock yet, but here's the ranoc and sweet little pansies. I'm already daydreaming about how I am going to arrange my garden this year. Flowers and veggies, it seems like the flowers always win out over the veggies. I must confess I am a flower addict, I guess that is because as an artist I am truly drawn to color. But it is also so satisfying to be able to pick green beans or squash fresh from the garden for your dinner guests or even just for yourself as you wander around the garden. There's nothing like opening up a sweet pea and popping one into your mouth, yummmm. Even my little doggie sits beside me waiting for his garden treat. Who knew that a dog would love green beans? But he does.
So for all of those of you out there with so many feet of snow, I'm just giving you a little head's up, that spring really is on it's way and it's going to be lovely.
talk to you later,
deborah

No comments: