Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm snow bound!

hey,
yes it's snowing here in nevada city. and even if i am kind of getting cabin fever i still am loving being here with my crafts and there is no excuse to not create! I'm really into these paper cone creations lately! right now i've been working on mini paper cones and they are coming out soooo cute. I just dance around the room when one is done because i am so excited about them . Well, no ones here but me and my paper cones so who cares. Of course my husband would get a kick out seeing me dance around, he'd say do it again! I love that guy!!!!
Anyway, i know for me it's just so easy to procrastinate when it comes to crafting or decorating and i was trying to analyze that the other day and believe it or not i finally figured out what it is.
I am the kind of artist that when i start creating something it just takes over all my time. I can and do spend hours being artsy so everything else just falls to the wayside. Dishes, housekeeping, phone calls... everything. and i feel guilty when i do that. But on the other hand it totally makes me super happy and fulfilled when i create something artsy. So when the weather makes me stay home it's wonderful!
Hey, what kind of artist are you? Are you a scheduled or spur of the moment kind of artist?

Ps. I'm thinking of starting a subscription type of thing where I would send a person a handcrafted card and bookmarks or gift tags along with an artsy/decorating one page newsletter once a month. I wonder if people would be interested?

No comments: