Saturday, February 7, 2009

Painting is really my passion


Hi all,
I just wanted to show off my latest art creation.
Lately I've been really longing to get back to my original love, which is
painting.
Now don't get me wrong, I still love crafting, but getting that paint brush in
my hand just brings me such joy. I've been a painter since childhood and
when I swirl that paint around on the palette and dip the brush into the
acrylics, a feeling of complete unity overtakes my whole being!
It never feels foreign to me, just ease and familiarity.
The one down side though is that each piece takes me quite a bit of
time to create, which doesn't help me fill up my etsy shop very quickly.
Anyway, that's another issue, lol.
My plan is to start painting alot more and this is just the start of my
color series.
I'm really excited about my next series which is going to be based on
the inspiration of Vincent Van Gogh, so stay tuned for more color.
talk to you soon,
deborah

8 comments:

Artsnark said...

Such a fun cheery piece! I love the vertical canvas

Tiedupmemories said...

I love how it's a collage/painting! The colors are fun and bright! Great job! Follow your passion!;.)
Tracy

yippeevintage said...

What a beautiful piece, Deborah! The colors are so vibrant and yummy! I'm so glad you revisted your old friend... it's clear that this work of art comes from a joyful heart :)
~ Angela

Cottage In The Sun said...

Oh, I love the colors! It's beautiful!

sassydesigns said...

Hi Deborah,
I am so happy you stopped by my blog, and thanks for the sweet comments! I have been admiring your work for some time! It is always nice to talk with my zne and etsy friends! Please keep in touch. Creative Blessings*
Dee

Stink Bone Jones said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your piece is really fun! It's great to do something you love!

I will follow you on twitter as well. It seems like fun.

The Catnap Cottage said...

Wow, I knew it - one reason why you like Paris so much - you are an artist. What lovely work - you should paint your little heart out - just beautiful!! Cindy

Anonymous said...

How pretty and cheery! great job Deborah.