Thursday, October 4, 2012

Art for a good cause

Hi all,
There's an event happening in our town on October 25th called "Paint The Town Pink" that raises funds for the advancement of breast cancer care and they were calling out for artists to donate art for the silent auction and I answered the call! 
I had a blast creating a collage canvas for the event and hope that whoever bids on it will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Of course it's all in pink and I just love the Maori proverb I added "Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you" It is a proverb that the Maori Indians used during times of adversity. 
We all face adversity at various times in our lives and having a life threatening illness must be very scary and difficult. I pray that this event brings hope and inspiration to people facing this adversity and that the artwork donated by all the artists helps bring some of that hope to all who need it.

 Talk to you all soon,
deborah
 

2 comments:

Distressed Cottage said...

This is soooooooo awesome Starry!!!! Let us know how it did...I am sure fabulously!!! tons of hugs...pops!

myeuropeantouch said...

Go girl....pink is wonderful for any cause....♥♥♥ Monika